A WordPress blog helps to express a blogger about the notions of expertise or what a blogger thinks to present differently. Every blogger has their own idea to pitch their thoughts in front of the viewers and readers. According to the theme of the blog, the bloggers write their posts promoting the content accordingly. Suppose there is a blogger with an interest in American history. Then, the blogger can start writing about the American war of independence, the civil war, the Great Depression that began from American soil and spread to other parts of Europe, Cuban missiles, civil rights, etc. But, to make a WordPress blog, there is a need to create the same. Is it challenging to implement all the tasks to set up a WordPress account and a blog? The answer to this lies in this article that will provide 6 steps to start a WordPress blog.
Setting Up a Domain
The first process to start a WordPress blog is setting up a domain and hosting server. A domain name is a space from which the WordPress blog and its related posts and articles will come, whereas a server helps host these WordPress blogs. WordPress has an official hosting provider named Bluehost. Bluehost can offer a free domain name and up to 60% on web hosting for wpbeginner users. Hence, a user can get heavy discounts on starting a new blog with a WordPress platform. Bluehost is hosting millions of websites and blogs due to their eye-catching offer. So, a user should firstly create a domain by purchasing the same from a platform that provides a rich set of features.
After purchasing the domain and hosting server, users must install the WordPress. Installing the WordPress means that the user should log in to the Bluehost account and then tap on the Login tab to the WordPress account. However, there’s a straightforward way without using the Bluehost account. When a user creates a domain, they can log into the WordPress account via the wp-admin folder by entering the link yoursite.com/wp-admin/ directly on the web browser’s address bar. After the entry to the WordPress account portal, a user can make customization in the appearance of the blog by designing its framework.
WordPress Theme Selection
A WordPress theme determines the appearance of any WordPress blog. If the user does not choose a theme, the blog may not give an appealing outlook. Hence, a WordPress theme is a mandatory provision that can deliver elegant websites when it gets intertwined with customization. Customization of a website can enhance its look and feel. Follow the steps given below to select a theme:
- Go to the WordPress dashboard by logging into a WordPress account through wp-admin.
- Next, on the dashboard, hit the Appearances and then Themes tab.
- Then, click on the “Add New” button.
- There is a list of WordPress themes that pops out on the screen from the WordPress theme directory.
- Select the theme as per the choice. A WordPress user can see the preview of the same WordPress theme.
As per the recommendations, select the theme as per the category on which the WordPress blogs are based. It helps to keep a clean and clear website.
Writing Posts for the Blog
So, after setting up a domain and server, besides designing the blog’s framework, the users can start with WordPress blog posts. To write a new post for the WordPress blogs after fulfilling the prerequisites, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Click on the Posts and then hit the Add New tab.
- Next, in the editor area, write the content for the post.
- Add images and other elements using the block editor.
- Add tags with content, along with the category, to let the post get a unique space and have a more organized blog structure.
Advanced Customization & Plugins
After writing the post for the blog, a WordPress user can now articulate the blog’s entire architecture. This articulation is possible by adding elements like contact forms, galleries, newsletters, subscription forms, etc. There is a requirement for plugins that can add such additional features to the blogs. WordPress offers more than 50,000 plugins that are free and available in its directory. Thus, one can enhance the elegance and beauty of a WordPress blogs through these plugins.
After creating posts for the WordPress blogs, the blogger (a user now has transformed to a blogger) needs to track traffic movement on the blogs. Google Analytics provides the data on how, when, and what of these WordPress blogs. But, Google is a different platform from WordPress. Hence, a blogger needs to integrate Google Analytics. If the blogger has a Gmail account already, they need to sign up for the Google Analytics account. Then, implement the given set of tasks:
- Add the information and website URL of the blog in Google Analytics.
- Once done, Google Analytics will provide a tracking code.
- Now, log into the WordPress admin area. The next step is to install and activate the MonsterInsights plugin.
- Next, go to the Insights tab and then select the Settings option for the configuration of plugin settings.
- Then, hit the “Connect MonsterInsights” button to connect the WordPress blogs with Google Analytics.
- Follow the remaining on-screen instructions to finish the entire setup.
A WordPress blog is the best way to showcase one’s skills and talents on an online platform. But, to make a WordPress blog, one needs to follow some consolidated and well-arranged steps. After doing all the steps, a WordPress blog needs to keep a good SEO score with each post so that every new post gets proper indexing and a credible space in the search engine.